Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Costa Rica



PURA VIDA!

After spending the last week in Costa Rica, this is now our favorite phrase. It means living the "pure or simple life", I equal it to Hakuna Mattata (sp?) because we truly had no worries in that fabulous place for an entire week. I am choosing only a few photos per day to share as I think the 965 photos would be a little much. The best part of this trip? Just being together as a family.


Just like the good 'ol days!


The manly paddle out to the reef (middle of the ocean) snorkel, get in and out of the boat without sinking or tipping it over and get back to the beach in spite of the wind. I was glad I was on the beach.

This should be a soda commercial!

These were REALLY cute monkey's and only a little scary...I keep hoping we didn't get any nasty diseases from them.


Way Way to close for my comfort. We saw hundreds of them.


Rob taught her how to handle the waves, so sweet.


Very cool waterfall we hiked to... where all the locals go.


We loved going to Church on Sunday. They were so friendly and kind. All very humble and sweet. Thanks to Cecia and Rob we even knew what they were saying which always makes it more enjoyable.


Glorious Sunsets every night!

I added more pics than I thought I would and I even left off the canopy tour zip lines, Rob's surfing video, snorkeling and approximately 945 other shots. I'm glad Mike turned 50. I'll go celebrate with him anyday.

8 comments:

Troy said...

Wow! It looks like you had a wonderful time! I want to see the rest of the pics....can you upload them to Picasa or something? I especially love the waterfall!

Troy said...

Oh, and did I mention that you look simply stunning in your zip line attire?

Karen said...

Wow what a great family trip! You do look fantastic in your zip wear. Gary and I did a little zip lining in Hawaii and I loved it. I'm glad you got to make some memories.

clark family said...

Sounds like a great trip!!! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Barbie said...

Hi girlfriend. What an amazing trip. I have to see zip line pictures. Is your skin feeling moisturized, or are you in need?

Full House said...

That looked like so much fun but what else would you expect from your family.

Like I said before I would love to be a fly on the wall at your place. I bet there are many laughs.

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

I am so glad you got a chance to go. The pictures are amazing. I want to see the rest of them.

clark family said...

Shari,
I can't find your email, but I didn't want to lose the info. for Ms. Gould (Matthew's teacher). They are going to Guanacaste, Costa Rica and would love your input on what to do. Did you go to the volcano? Thanks!