Thursday, July 3, 2008

You're a Grand 'ol Flag, you're a high flyin' Flag....

I love the 4th of July! So many great memories are associated with the 4th. As a kid I remember when dad would dig out his old bugle from his army days and play to wake us up. As soon as we were awake, our flag was proudly displayed with the Mo Tab Choir's Patriotic Hymns playing loud and clear. It was always a fun and exciting day. It didn't really matter what we did for an activity, we were with family celebrating the freedoms we enjoy. These simple and heartfelt traditions instilled in me a great love and respect for our Country. This year we are all super excited because once again we will be celebrating those freedoms with family! Kristen and family are braving the heat to come frolic in the pool, BBQ and watch as many movies as possible in our short time together. Rob has the bugle, I have the Mo Tab Choir CD and Mads is a pro at getting the flag out first thing just to make me happy! I love America!
... and forever, in peace, may you wave!

2 comments:

The Bob's Blog said...

Make sure Rob plays the bugle loud and clear so all can hear up and down the street! Try it at about 6:00 a.m to make sure they are still in bed asleep.
Have a safe and happy 4th and our thoughts will be with you all. We too remember our 4th of July's of long ago.
Love, Dad

Angie said...

Hey Sherri,

I made my blog private and wanted to make sure you got invited we could still keep in touch, but I need your email address in order to invite you. My email is j_dees@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!!!!