Monday, February 9, 2009

HEY BRACE FACE 4 Eyes...




Many many moons ago....I became aware of a curious phrase my Grandpa Jack used to say. I never truly understood it but it always made me giggle. LONG GREENS. I know, curious to say the least. Every now and then I would hear the dreaded words of.... "she's just in her long greens" For me this did nothing but create a great fear of green pants. Many days were a "note to self" avoid green pants NO MATTER WHAT kind of day.

Funny thing, a few years later as a silly awkward goofy looking 12-14 year old I had the dreaded phrase repeated to me. How could this have happened? I had religiously avoided the dreaded green pants so how was it I had still arrived at this milestone? Little did I know then it was a road all must travel. Long Greens was just a different way of saying, "awkward stage". The long greens stayed around with me for a LONG LONG time and we did not travel so well together. (Some days I think I still have the greens lingering on).

Recently the long greens have returned to us, but this time the GREENS are traveling in some serious style. I am sure if Grandpa Jack were still with us he would have to come up with a new term for Madison's road. Never have LONG GREENS looked so good. So go ahead and call her names.... brace face, metal mouth, four eyes because the LONG GREENS will not be here for long.

I think she looks beautiful but for good measure, because we want to be sure, we will be avoiding green pants the next few months.


9 comments:

Jana said...

If only we could have all looked so cute on our own journey. It really is not fair.

Mine her age is in his LGs too. Although I bet yours likes deodorant. Teenage boys are just GROSS!!!

Karen said...

She's so darn cute. I can't even think about my long green days (I mean decades).

hiphipporay said...

My thoughts exactly - those are no long greens. She's beautiful! Maybe since Nick is in a perpetual state of Long Greens she will be spared.

Go Mads!!

clark family said...

You look beautiful, Maddi -- as always!

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

She is absoultely ogrgeous! I love th glasses and the braces. I don't think it is awkward at all! So Cute!

The Bob's Blog said...

You are a beautiful young lady and the braces just make you better. We love you and are amazed at your growth and beauty.
Gr and Gr Bob

Shannon said...

No long greens there! She is so cute, I wish I was that cute when I was 14.

Full House said...

She truly does have style! I simply adore your Maddie.

Peifer Family said...

I was wondering when you were going to post this...Madison looks adorable with her braces and glasses! It was so fun seeing you at the shower...I'll see you in a few weeks!